“If it is true that we find Christ in the people that we touch, the people that we are to serve, then everything we do, no matter how small, has meaning and should be done extremely well.” – Sr. Therese Dush
Young People Who Care, Inc. was founded in Frenchville, PA in Clearfield County in 1976. Under the leadership of Sr. Therese Dush, both youth and adults came together to start a Mission that would serve those with unmet needs in Clearfield County and neighboring counties. YPWC, Inc. is a volunteer organization that began reaching out to those in need by providing assistance with home repairs, cleaning, transportation to medical appointments, and other services that were not available through other agencies. Over the past 40 years, the ministry of YPWC, Inc. has expanded from the direct social service program, which it still provides, to include adult and youth retreats, spiritual direction and counseling, emergency needs for women and children, and services for pregnant women and those with infants.
YPWC is one mission that responds to the cries of the poor. This mission is special and unique in that the persons who volunteer are invited to live a life of solidarity with the poor.
We have several opportunities for direct service in a number of areas at Young People Who Care. They include direct service to those in their home, assisting with retreats, leadership positions, experience in retreat work and religious educations. Read more about each program:
Life Line | Bethany Retreat Center | Anawim Community | Direct Services | Youth Service Program
Individual Short-Term Volunteer
- 6 months to a year or longer
- Volunteers live in Christian Community on site of Young People Who Care ministries
- Service opportunities available in all of YPWC, Inc. ministries
- Room and Board provided
- School loan deferment available
- Spiritual and education opportunities provided
- More Information
- LONG-TERM VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
- Weekend and week long service experiences
- Available for church groups, high schools, colleges, and other organizations
- Participants serve those in need through the ministries of YPWC
- Volunteers live in Christian Community on site of ministries
- Contact Sr. Suzanne Thibault 814-263-4177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Local Volunteer Program
- Volunteers from the local area donate time in the various ministries of YPWC
- Contact Sr. Suzanne Thibault 814-263-4177 or email email@example.com for more information.
Student and Adult Forms